Final Submission Information
Authors of submitted Papers and Notes have been notified of a decision on their paper on February 23, 2016 and authors of accepted Posters have been notified on March 7, 2016. Thank you for submitting! The following information is provided to assist accepted authors in the preparation of their papers and posters. Additional information will be posted as it becomes available. Thanks to CRFID for making Student Travel Grant funds available to support deserving student paper authors.
Submission Information for Authors of Accepted Papers and Notes
Final publication-ready versions of accepted papers must be uploaded to EDAS no later than 23:59 EST March 18, 2016. Late submissions cannot be accepted.
The following guidelines will assist authors of accepted Papers and Notes in the final submission process:
- Revise manuscript based on the reviews received.
- Please ensure the following EDAS instructions are followed:
- Do not include page numbers
- Do not include headers or footers
- Provide top and bottom margins of at least 0.5 inches
- The final version of a paper must be submitted in PDF format.
- Use the (free) IEEE PDF eXpress service to perform all verification checks. This ensures the final PDF version of your paper is compatible with IEEE Xplore®.
- Read PDF eXpress instructions first. (Click here).
- Register and/or login to PDF eXpress(conference identifier: 37844X)
- The file returned by the PDF check will be labeled within its document properties as being “Certified by IEEE PDF eXpress” with an exact date and time stamp. The certified file is the file that should be submitted to the conference.
- Register for the conference.
- See information posted on the Registration page on this site.
- Please recall the registration policy: To be published in the IEEE RFID 2016 Conference Proceedings and IEEE Xplore®, an author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the full (member or non-member) rate, and must present the paper at the conference. Registration fees must be paid prior to uploading the final IEEE formatted, publication-ready version of the paper. For authors with multiple accepted papers, one full registration is valid for up to two papers.
- Upon completion of a paid registration, an email message with the confirmation ID# will be sent to the registrant. This confirmation ID# must be entered into EDAS during the uploading process below.
- Upload the final, camera-ready version of your paper in (certified by IEEE PDF eXpress) to EDAS.
- Login to EDAS.
- Click on “upload” beside your paper. On the next page, click on “upload or fill out copyright form” hyperlink at the bottom of the page. This redirects you to the IEEE eCopyright website.
- Proceed to the IEEE eCopyright site, answer the questions, complete the form, and “submit”.
- Return to EDAS (a copyright symbol – © – should now appear next to the paper title).
- Click on “upload” beside your paper.
- Enter the registration confirmation ID#.
- Check the box acknowledging the IEEE policy on plagiarism.
- Click browse and navigate to the PDF file processed by IEEE PDF eXpress that you saved on your computer.
- Click “submit”.
- Verify that the PDF in EDAS is the file that was uploaded.
Should you have any questions during this process, please contact email@example.com.
Information for Authors of Accepted Posters and Notes
Thank you for being a part of the IEEE RFID 2016 Poster and Demo session! New for 2016, authors of Notes and Posters will display their work in the poster session on the tradeshow floor of RFID Journal LIVE! This information is provided to help you prepare for the Poster and Demo Session.
Authors of accepted Notes: You do not need to do anything extra – you are already registered for the Poster session.
Authors of accepted Posters: Please follow the steps above to upload your final, revised 2-page extended abstract. If you are having trouble embedding fonts, please contact the poster chair. Additionally, you must fill out the poster session authorization form, which is provided in the acceptance email.
Poster and Demo Session Schedule
- The Poster and Demo Session will be held on Wednesday, May 4th from 2:30pm – 4:15pm EDT (14:30 – 16:15 EDT). The student competition and networking dinner will immediately follow the poster session. All accepted Notes and accepted Poster submissions will present a poster during this time.
- You may setup your poster during the lunch break on Wednesday May 4th. Contact the poster chair if you would prefer to set up your poster earlier in the day.
- All posters must remain on display until Thursday, May 5th at 2pm. You may tear down your poster between 2:00pm and 3:00 pm on May 5th. All posters must be removed by 3:00 pm.
- During the Opening Plenary session on Wednesday, May 4th (8:30 – 10:00am EDT), authors of accepted Notes and accepted Posters will have an opportunity to tell all conference attendees about your work and generate interest in your poster or demo! However, you will only have *30 seconds* for your Teaser Talk, so please prepare ahead of time!
Instructions for all poster presenters
- Authors of accepted Poster or Notes entries are required to print their own poster and bring it to the conference venue. We will provide a 40 inch x 30 inch (101 cm x 76 cm) display area and you will be scheduled for presentation during the conference on the industry tradeshow floor. PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS NOT AN ‘A0’ SIZE DISPLAY AREA and scale your poster appropriately before printing.
- Each accepted Poster or Note must be posted in the display area and presented for discussion during the poster session. The poster presenter must be an author of the poster and that author must be registered for the conference based on their IEEE membership status: Member, Life/Retired/Student, or Non-Member. Once an author of an accepted Paper or Note has registered for the conference at the full member or non-member fee, it is not necessary to register again for one accepted Poster or Note display. Early (discounted) registration ends March 19.
- Authors of accepted Posters must fill out the poster session authorization form, which is provided in the acceptance email. This step is not required for authors of accepted Notes.
- Abstracts of accepted Posters will be included in the IEEE RFID 2016 digital conference proceedings which attendees of IEEE RFID 2016 receive. These abstracts will not be archived on IEEE Xplore as the poster session is not peer reviewed.
- All accepted Posters and Notes will be considered for the Best Poster award to be determined by attendees of the Poster Session.
- For authors presenting demonstrations, we will provide power strips (US 110V/60Hz mains power) and a 6-foot (1.8m) table.
- IEEE Manuscript Templates for Conferences– Proper formatting for the RFID 2016 conference in LaTeX and Microsoft Word.
- IEEE PDF Checker– Online tool for checking that your submitted PDF has the embedded fonts and correct paper size for the RFID 2016 conference.
- IEEE Author Digital Toolbox– Tools provided by the IEEE to ensure your pdf and figures conform to pertinent standards.